Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reflections

Reflect on the process and learning points from the PT
-What have you learnt about your eating habits?
-Do you consider your diet a healthy one? Why?
-Are the suggested nutritional tools useful? How?
-Why is your suggested one-dish meal healthy?

Through this project, i found out that i eat more than 3 meals a day, including snacks, but never exceeding 6 meals. My mealtimes fluctuate but I always have to eat rice in at least 1 meal. In fact, I can't live without rice! :( Every night, I would end off with a golden kiwifruit and half a red apple. I also tend to have a preference for salty food which resulted in a higher than recommended intake of sodium.

I think my diet is relative healthy. This is because I definitely take in vegetables and fruits every day, almost every meal. My percentage of carbohydrates, proteins and fats intake are all within the recommended intake range. Though I do not have consistent meal times, I never skip any of my 3 main meals. However, I did not take in enough calcium. Perhaps I should drink milk every morning instead of every other morning.

What I like most in this project is to experiment with the different health tools, before settling for the Dietary Intake Assessment. I find it very useful as it is user-friendly and gives you an in depth analysis of what your diet lacks and is sufficient in, allowing users to adjust their diet. There are also statistics given as well as suggestions and recommendations.

My one-dish meal is healthy because it contains many different types of nutrients and it is well balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment